The flagship property of D-Hotels & Resorts, D Maris Bay in Turkey, one of the most exclusive in Europe, celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2022 with 10 specially curated guest experiences.
D Maris Bay is a hidden paradise set on the beautiful Datça Peninsula, where the Aegean Sea meets the Mediterranean. An ideal escape for high-profile guests and yacht owners, it is home to five private and secluded private beaches. The hotel offers exceptional dining experiences, outstanding accommodation with sophisticated interior design, and excellent wellness and fitness offerings.
For the hotel’s tenth anniversary, D Maris Bay has created a deck of cards for every guest that stays, showcasing ten rituals designed to commemorate the very best of the resort. These include:
- Welcome to D Maris – guests can shuffle their cards and use them to design their perfect trip, discovering the best of what D Maris has to offer
- Dreamy sunsets – there are various spots around the hotel where guests can enjoy spectacular sunsets, including a stroll to Green Hill
- Wishes at Manos – guests can make their dreams come true at restaurant Manos by writing their wish on a plate and smashing it in a fun, traditional Greek style
- Wellness Hour – Mytha Spa is offering two new unique treatments for this anniversary year– ‘Gold Ceremony’ and a ‘528hz frequency body and face treatment’
- Jogging Route – guests can use the hotel’s running map to explore the stunning surrounding nature and seek out the best meditation spots
- Signature Moments at La Guérite – party the night away and dance at this iconic Mediterranean, chic restaurant
- Art Collection – marvel at the special collection curated by two galleries – Zeyziart and Dirimart, which include works by Ahmet Gunestekin
- ZUMA Specials – indulge in the delicious 10th-year food and cocktail specials, including chutoro tartar with Oscietra caviar, and miso bun, and a chili passion fruit margaritas
- Underwater Scenes – a visit to the D Maris dive school will unveil the beautiful underwater world surrounding the hotel
- Bay Lounge Tunes – spend each afternoon soaking up breathtaking views of the sea, whilst resident DJs perform special sets from noon daily
During their stay, guests will reside in one of the property’s 196 guestrooms, which include 36 suites and a luxurious villa. These spaces take inspiration from the hotel’s location on the peninsula, marking the boundary between the Aegean and Mediterranean. The sophisticated interior design blends two styles: the comfort and contemporary minimalism of the West with the exotic mystique of the East.
D Maris Bay is also known for its superb food and beverage offering, with five restaurants and several bars to choose from. These include globally recognized brands like Zuma, inspired by informal izakaya dining, and Nusr-Et by Turkish chef and butcher sensation.
The other scenic dining options overlooking the sea are D Maris Kitchen for daily changing Turkish and international cuisines with a pop-up Italian menu, La Notte by D Maris Kitchen at night, lively Manos for delicious Greek cuisine, and La Guérite for healthy, Mediterranean food with DJ entertainment.
There are also eight bars and three lounges for guests to enjoy fantastic coffee and expert cocktails. A new edition to its offering, this year D Maris Bay will also be hosting guests at Aqua Bar, a laidback lounge by the sea offering signature cocktails.
The signature Mytha Spa is designed to rejuvenate the body and spirit. There are 12 spacious treatment suites, two relaxation lounges, saunas, steam rooms, and a hammam. Mytha’s new line of all-natural body and skincare products is used for treatments, created based on the knowledge of ancient healing traditions.
Fitness fanatics will love the D-Gym which features top-of-the-line Technogym equipment, whilst outdoorsy types will love the array of sports on offer, including water sports, sailing, diving, tennis, hiking, cycling, and running track. Guests with kids can enjoy a new selection of weekly activities at D-Kiddie by GYMY Kids starting in June.
How to get there: D Maris Bay is located 80 miles from Dalaman International Airport, 100 miles from Bodrum International Airport, and 20 miles from the city of Marmaris. Private helicopter transfers are available from both airports, bringing guests to the resort in just 25 minutes. Rates start from £380 per night.